Families welcome to join us monthly for free crafts at Artists’ Exchange on the last Saturday of each month!
11am - 2pm
Craft bash themes are not only designed to be fun art activities for kids but also enriching learning opportunities. The arts can work as a tool for strengthening skills in all disciplines by offering alternative ways to think about core subjects. Many art projects unknowingly have ties to math, science and history. By exemplifying these concepts throughout the project, kids can build their art skills while learning cross-curricular information at the same time.
- Fairy Houses: Build a home for the fairies in your garden! How will it stand up? How will you make the roof? Put your thinking cap on and celebrate earth day as you construct your home out of materials collected from spring cleaning in the garden. Use what we have or bring materials of your own to add to it.
- Paint the Town: Put your lab coats on because this is a messy one. Kids will be making their own paints to use outside on the sidewalk at Artists’ Exchange then bring you paints home to paint at home. Get the recipe here!
- Mondrian: Study the work of Piet Mondrian and his famous Broadway Boogie Woogie. Using elements of music and the architecture of the city, kids will create their own geometric paintings.
- Andy Goldsworthy: Sculptor and environmentalist, Andy Goldsworthy creates site-specific sculptures and land art in natural and urban settings using only natural materials. After learning about Goldsworthy’s work, kids will build their own sculptures to take home or add to the large installation at Artists’ Exchange. Use what we have or bring materials of your own to add to the sculptures.
- Cyanotype Prints: Cyanotype is a photographic printing process that produces a cyan-blue print. Engineers used the process well into the 20th century as a simple and low-cost process to produce copies of drawings, referred to as blueprints. Apply this same process to create prints from nature and everyday objects. Use our materials or bring your own objects to print.
- Op Art Illusions and Patterns: Trick your eyes! Study optical illusions and learn how lines, patterns and shading can create these illusions. Create a drawing that can trick anyone into seeing what is not really there!
- Moroccan Tiles: Create a clay tile in the style of classic Moroccan pottery and architecture. *These pieces will be available for pick up the following Saturday
- The Golden Spiral: Using the mathematical Fibonacci sequence, find objects that we see every day and relate them to the mathematical pattern to create unique nature illustrations.
- Once Upon A Starry Night: Talk about the stars and patterns in the sky and create artwork inspired by your favorite constellation. As we also examine the famous painting Starry Night, perhaps there is a constellation in this painting.
- Upcycled Wearables: Design a new belt or bag. Create a vest or hat. When armed with a box full of recyclables or commonly discarded items, what will you create?
- Collage the World: Where are you from? Create a visual map that tells the story of your heritage, culture and identity that is uniquely you.
- What is Felt Anyway?: Study the ancient, sustainable art form of felting as we create functional pieces of art using materials direct from their source! Kids will work with raw sheep wool, soap and water to make one of a kind pieces of felt.
Proudly Sponsored by:
The mission of Kiki’s Garden is to raise funds for scholarships, enrichment programs and initiatives that support the growth and well-being of youth in our community, providing them the opportunity to develop their potential, pursue their dreams and create joy for themselves and their communities. We envision a world where all children, especially those from disadvantage or difficult circumstances, are given opportunities for joyful self expression and personal growth. Every child is a seed of unlimited potential deserving of the chance to explore, discover and connect to themselves and their world. When we make a difference in a child’s life, we cultivate the garden of human potential and create a better world one smile at a time.
We hope you will join us in helping kids BLOOM!
WE DESIGN SOLUTIONS FOR YOU — NOT JUST FOR YOUR MONEY.
We believe financial well-being and personal well-being are two sides of the same coin and there is no point in having one without the other. And achieving financial independence is the direct result of balancing your goals and dreams with your financial resources. The financial complexities of today's world are daunting – preparing for retirement, investing your money, minimizing your tax bite, making sure you don't outlive your assets, paying for college, protecting your estate and those you love, and the list goes on. How to tackle these issues while still going about your daily lives can be overwhelming. Quite often, the problem is not knowing where to turn for sound and objective, professional advice – advice that will ideally provide peace of mind, financial security, and confidence while minimizing anxiety and uncertainty.
We have the experience and resources to help you with all your office copier equipment needs.
Digital Document Solutions is an office equipment provider that has been servicing commercial and industrial customers in Massachusetts and Rhode Island for over 13 years. We assist businesses by providing them with quality office products and services that can help them streamline their copying, printing and faxing processes. The primary goal of our company is to fulfill all of your office copier equipment and document management system needs as effectively as possible.
The Best Pharmacy-Liquor-Grocery Store in the State!
We maintain a store environment where YOU come first! That's right, GOOD OLD-FASHIONED CUSTOMER SERVICE! We offer FREE LOCAL DELIVERY just like the good old days! And, no red tape! If you have feedback on the services we provide then talk with the boss! We want to listen to YOU! We know that without YOU, there is no US!
A Brief History of Phred's Drug... Founded in 1955, by Michael J Rossi Jr., Phred’s Drug, Inc. has been run consecutively by three generations of the Rossi family. Located in the heart of Cranston, PHRED’S has served the Rhode Island community for a broad spectrum of diverse needs, including but not limited to the provision of prescription/over-the-counter medication, counseling services, pharmaceutical care, and drug therapy management. Primarily a retail operation, PHRED’S has an extensive long-term care operation, specializing in serving nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, group homes for disabled and medically needy, housing for the elderly and the Adult Correctional Institution as an emergency provider.
With Collette, the World is Within Your Reach True adventures go beyond incredible destinations or inclusive packages. Collette delivers a sense of possibility across all seven continents.
Since 1918, we have been sharing our love of travel. Today our worldwide travel collection features comprehensive land tours, river cruises, rail journeys, small group tours, family trips, garden holidays and more. With Collette, wake each morning on tour with a new experience in front of you, and when your head hits the pillow, you will know it has been an amazing day. Best of all - we seamlessly handle the details. All you have to do is enjoy the adventure.
50 Rolfe Square, Cranston, RI | Phone: 401.490.9475 | Fax: 401.490.9477 Artists' Exchange is proudly operated by Gateways to Change, Inc.